Kimchi goes great with just rice and soy sauce, but we can always do better than that though! Try this Kimchi Fried Rice recipe and experience a whole level feel to fried rice!
1) 40 grams Shougaiwa Kimchi
2) (optional)50 grams mushrooms, root removed, rinsed and drained
3) 3 cups steamed rice, – if it is freshly cooked, leave it out for 5 to 10 mins at room
temperature to cool down before cooking
4) 1/2 tsp minced garlic
5) 2 tsp Shougaiwa Kimchi liquid
6) 2 tsp sesame oil
7) 1 tbsp cooking oil
8) 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds to garnish
9) 1/2 stalk green onion to garnish, thinly sliced (optional)
1) On medium-high heat preheat a pan/wok and once heated, add the cooking oil and spread it well with a spatula.
2) Add the garlic, stir it fast for about 10 seconds
3) Add the Shougaiwa Kimchi and stir until 80% of it is cooked.
4) (Optional) Add the mushrooms and mix them well for a few seconds. Reduce the heat to medium-medium low.
5) Add the rice and the Shougaiwa Kimchi juice. Mix all of them together well and thoroughly.
6) Add the sesame oil and mix them well. Remove from the heat.
7) Serve the Shougaiwa Kimchi fried rice on a plate. Garnish with the sesame seeds and green onions. (Garnish is all optional).